BIKE SAFETY TIPS
Bike Safety Tips to Keep you Safe on the Road!
Helmet – Florida Law requires all riders under age 16 to wear a bicycle helmet. F.S. 316.2065(d)
Lights – Florida Law requires a white headlight and a red taillight between sunset and sunrise. F.S.316.2065(m)
- Do not wear ear buds or headsets
- Do not text or use a cell phone
- Major safety research confirms that bike helmets save lives
Reflectors – Reflectors may be attached to the bicycle frame and wheels and the rider’s helmet and clothing
Reflective Clothing – Available in bike shops
Brakes – Should be checked and serviced often
Tires – Should be checked and inflated properly
- Over 1000 people die each year in cycling accidents
- Most cycling deaths (62%) occur due to head injuries
- Bike helmets reduce head injuries by up to 85%
- Of those killed on bikes, over 60% were not wearing a helmet
- Bicycle deaths occur most often between 6 pm and 9 pm. BIKE SAFETY TIPS: USE LIGHTS!
- Bicycle deaths occur most often in urban areas. BIKE SAFETY TIPS: STAY ALERT AND FOLLOW ALL BIKE SAFETY REGULATIONS!
Charles Geary is known as the “Bike Lawyer” from Stuart, Florida. He practices law all over the state of Florida. He is an avid cyclist and is active in many cycling groups and cycling advocacy groups. He is available now to discuss your accident case. Call him at 772-288-4357.
Combining bicycling with his law profession was natural for Chuck. Geary Law Offices, P.A. now represents cyclists all over the state of Florida and Chuck has become known as an advocate for injured cyclists. He is a supporter of bike paths and bicycling safety concerns. From his Stuart office, Chuck provides bicycle helmets to underprivileged children and donates bicycles to charity events.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident in Florida, and need a bicycle lawyer, contact the experienced The Bike Lawyer. Schedule a free telephone consultation today 772-288-4357.